- The lodge is oriented to cater to meditators, nature lovers & photographers, researchers, etc. This place is ideal for those who are looking for a great Himalayan experience, a quiet relaxed peaceful getaway or you wish to meditate and enjoy the benefits of Yoga.
- Check-out time is 11 am & Check-in time is 1 pm
- The walk from the main road parking area to the dining room is about 30 meters uphill on a cemented path with 18 steps, some of them being slightly uneven. It is not wheelchair friendly as it is an uphill staircase.
- Our rooms are all very well equipped and are large. All items have been carefully chosen and used in the rooms, such as mattresses, duvets, clean linen, pillows, mats, etc. These are not luxurious, like a 5-star hotel, but give you the comforts of any standard hotel. All rooms are non-air-conditioned as ACs are not required in the hills. Hot air blower heaters and electric blankets are provided in winter. Please let us know if there is anything else you require, such as hot water bags, extra blankets, or pillows.
Please note the tariffs will be for 1 or 2 people, but there is provision to accommodate 2 more people in two rooms that have a wooden attic. The extra people will be charged for.
Your towels and bed linen are changed every two days, but if you feel they do not need replacing, please ask our team and they will do it for you. We try to use as little water and soap as possible.
- The toilets are equipped with hot & cold running water & showers. We also use electric geysers for hot water in the rooms. All toilet amenities such as fresh towels, soaps, etc. are provided of standard quality. To get hot water from your tap/shower, please turn the tap to the left and leave the water running for a short while (preferably in the bucket, for reuse). When the hot water starts, adjust it to suit your temperature. In case of electricity failure, we will provide hot water in buckets.
- We serve home-cooked Indian food, with spices and chilly kept moderate. If you still find the food too hot for your taste, let our chef know. Please inform us if you have any special dietary requirements. We serve breakfast between 8 and 11 am, depending on the timing of the morning Pooja. Lunch is usually a light meal served between 1 and 2.30 pm. They served dinner at 7.30 pm.
- It can sometimes be chilly outdoors at night, even in summer, so do dress warmly. We stock a limited selection of beverages at the lodge that is available at Cafe Swayambhu. All beverages are chargeable. If you require a packed meal at your departure, please let us know in advance. We expect snow in winter. We provide LPG heaters to keep you warm. Unlimited hot tea, coffee, and soup can be sipped on.
- The power supply is 220V. The plug size is what we use in India, type C, D, and M. The power supply in Jageshwar can be very erratic. The government has a load-shedding system and shuts down the supply sometimes. Unfortunately, the timings of load-shedding are not fixed, the power supply may disappear in the mornings on some days, and in the afternoon on others. We have an inverter battery backup so you will not have the discomfort of the darkness. As our focus is on developing a nature-centric experience at the lodge, we do not have electricity generators that cause sound and atmospheric pollution. We usually use emergency lights when there is no electricity and all pathways are lit by them at night. A staff member can escort you to your room.
- We do not have an intercom facility in the rooms. Should you require anything urgently, you may call the hotel staff on your mobile phone or you may ask for a mobile phone from the manager which you can use during your stay. The numbers will be given to you upon your arrival. Only BSNL and Idea signals work here.
- Please pre-book your outings & treks with us.
- The smaller mammals, wild animals & birds occasionally enter and pass through the lodge. We request guests not to walk alone at night. Members of our staff will be happy to accompany guests back to their rooms. Please do not walk barefoot anywhere, not even inside your rooms. If there are unwanted guests in your rooms (spiders, insects, geckos, etc.) please alert our staff who will remove them. Macaques and Langurs visit the lodge too. Please ensure that you keep eatables away from them.
- If there are wild animals in the surroundings, the village dogs may bark at night. This may disturb your sleep.
- We do not have an in-house laundry. We send it out to a nearby facility in the village, hence we cannot take responsibility for them. If you would like your clothes laundered, please place the items in the bag and they will be laundered within 24 hours. Please note that laundry charges are extra.
- We advise you to be careful with your valuables. If there is something you would like to keep safe, our manager will be happy to assist you.
- Jageshwar does not have a bank to exchange foreign currency. The nearest ATM is in Panuwanaula, 5 km from Jageshwar. Please contact our manager for any help.
Almora is the closest town that has a hospital. If you have any medical conditions that we need to be aware of, please inform our manager. We do not have doctors on call that easily.
- If you’d like to leave a tip for our staff at the end of your stay, please do not tip any of our staff individually. Many unseen hands work hard to make your stay comfortable, and we strive to divide tips amongst the entire staff. Please leave tips in the Tip Box. You may tip the guides directly.
- We do not have the facility to charge credit cards at the lodge. We recommend that you carry enough spare cash to pay for hotel taxes and any extra expenses that you may incur.
- We are happy to set up free cooking lessons. If guests are interested in knowing how a particular dish they liked is made, we can arrange for them to learn from them. Our staff will be happy to learn something from you if you would like to teach them.
- We serve filtered RO (Reverse Osmosis) processed water that is safe to drink. Please let us know if you prefer bottled water at all times. Bottled water is chargeable.
- Yoga is offered during the Yogic Retreat which energizes and relaxes your system. We can arrange for the services of a local masseur whose specialty is the traditional massage with warm mustard oil. Please speak with our manager to book these services which are chargeable.
- An internet connection is not available for guests. The signal is erratic at times. Only BSNL and Idea signals work here.
- We would urge our guests to refrain from smoking in and around the lodge, inside the room and in the dining area.