1. The lodge is oriented to cater to meditators, nature lovers & photographers, researchers, etc. This place is ideal for those who are looking for a great Himalayan experience, a quiet relaxed peaceful getaway or you wish to meditate and enjoy the benefits of Yoga.
2. Our rooms are all very well equipped and are large in size. All items have been carefully chosen and used in the rooms such as mattresses, duvets, clean linen, pillows, mats etc. These are not overly luxurious but give you the comforts of any standard hotel. All rooms and cottages are air-conditioned. Hot air blower heaters are provided in winter on request. Please let us know if there is anything else you require such as hot water bags, extra blankets or pillows.
3. The toilets are equipped with hot & cold running water & showers. All toilet amenities such as fresh towels, soaps etc. are provided of standard quality.
4. To get hot water from your tap/shower, please turn the tap to the left and leave the water running for a short while (preferably in the bucket, for re-use). When the hot water starts, adjust it to suit your temperature.
5. Your towels are changed on a daily basis, but if you feel they do not need replacing please leave them hanging on your towel rack. We try and use as little water and soap as possible. Daily housekeeping services available.
6. The power supply is 220V. The plug size is Standard English. The power supply in Jageshwar can be very erratic. The government has a load-shedding system and shuts down supply sometimes. Unfortunately, the timings of load-shedding are not fixed, the power supply may disappear in the mornings on some days, and in the afternoon on others. We have inverter battery back-up so you will not have the discomfort of the darkness. As our focus is on developing a nature-centric experience at the lodge, we do not have electricity generators which cause sound and atmospheric pollution. We usually use emergency lights when there is no electricity and all pathways are lit by them at night. A staff member can escort you to your room.
7. We do not have intercom facility in the rooms. Should you require anything urgently you may call the hotel staff from your mobile phone or you may ask for a mobile phone from the manager which you can use during your stay. The numbers will be given to you upon your arrival.
8. Please pre-book your outings & treks with us.
9. It can sometimes be quite chilly outdoors at night, even in summer, so do dress warmly. We expect snow in winter. We provide LPG heaters to keep you warm. Unlimited hot tea, coffee, and soup can be made use of.
10. The smaller mammals, wild animals & birds occasionally do enter and pass through the lodge. Guests are requested not to walk alone at night, Members of our staff will be happy to accompany guest back to their rooms. Please do not walk barefoot anywhere, not even inside your rooms. If there are unwanted guests in your rooms (spiders, insects, geckos, etc.) please alert our staff who will remove them. Macaques and Langurs visit the lodge too. Please ensure that you keep eatables away from them.
11. If there are wild animals in the surroundings, the village dogs may bark at night causing disturbed sleep.
12. We do not have an in-house laundry. We send it out to a nearby facility in the village hence we are unable to take responsibility for them. If you would like your clothes laundered, please place the items in the bag and they will be laundered within 24 hours. Please note that laundry charges are extra.
13. We advise you to be careful with your valuables. If there is something you would like to keep safe, our manager will be happy to assist you.
14. Jageshwar does not have a bank to change foreign currency. The nearest ATM is in Panuanaula, 5 km from Jageshwar. Please contact our manager for any assistance.
15. Almora is the closest town that has a hospital. If you have any medical conditions that we need to be aware of, please inform our manager. We do not have doctors on call.
16. If you’d like to leave a tip for our staff at the end of your stay, please do not tip any of our staff individually. There are many unseen hands who work hard to make your stay comfortable, and we strive to divide tips between the entire staff. Please leave tips in the Tip Box. You may tip the guides directly.
17. Check - out time is 11 am & Check-in time is 1 pm.
18. We do not have the facility to charge credit cards at the lodge. We recommend that you carry enough spare cash to pay for hotel taxes and any extra expenses that you may incur.
19. We serve home-cooked Indian food, with spice and chilly levels kept moderate. If you still find the food too hot for your taste do let our chef know. Please inform us if you have any special dietary requirements. Breakfast is served between 8 and 11 am, depending on the timing of morning Pooja. Lunch is usually a light meal served between 1 and 2.30pm. Dinner is served from 7.30 pm. It can sometimes be quite chilly outdoors at night, even in summer, so do dress warmly. We stock a limited selection of beverages at the lodge that is available at Naivedyam. All beverages are chargeable. If you require a packed meal at your departure please let us know in advance.
20. We are happy to set up free cookery lessons. If guests are interested in knowing how a particular dish they liked is made, we can arrange for them to learn from our cooks. Our staff will be happy to learn something from you, if you would like to teach them.
21. We serve filtered RO (Reverse Osmosis) processed water that is safe to drink. Please let us know if you prefer bottled water at all times.
22. Yoga is offered during the Yogic Retreat which really energises and relaxes your system. We can arrange for the services of a local masseur whose speciality is the traditional massage with warm mustard oil. Please speak with our manager to book these services which is chargeable.
23. An internet connection is not available for guests. The signal is erratic at times.
24. We would urge our guests to refrain from smoking in and around the lodge, inside the room and in the dining area.
25. Available 24 hours Front Desk